Melinda Miller, MS-CIS, CGCIO, CISSP, is a retired local government IT Director with over 30 years’ experience in the government administration and the IT industry. She has also taught as an Adjunct Professor in the Computer Science Department at Palm Beach State College. Following are some key highlights of her career:
- She twice served as Interim Assistant Town Manager.
- Developed an in-house Technology Leadership Academy focused on developing IT staff into management positions. The Academy spanned 18 months of curriculum development, teaching and mentoring and included topics such as Strategic Planning, Communications, Public Budgeting, Contract Development and Management, and Project Management.
- Developed the in-house curriculum and participated as a facilitator in the Town’s Work Innovations program for Continuous Improvement. This program is based heavily on Six Sigma concepts, adapting them to the government’s needs for improving service delivery to the community while reducing costs.
- Key facilitator for the creation of the El Sol Neighborhood Resource Center. This community collaboration included work community groups, Catholic Charities, and FAU for the development of a center that provided a facility for day laborers and helped the Town to address numerous neighborhood issues.
- Developed and lead the Planning Section for Emergency Operations in accordance with federal NIMS/ICS standards. Established the policies and procedures in concert with the Federal Government’s National Incident Management System including staff training and emergency exercises.
- Lead a team for the requirements definition and development of the RFQ for consulting services for the creation of the Town’s Economic Development Strategic Plan.
- Project manager for all technical aspects of the development of a North County Regional Communications Center for the Town of Jupiter, City of Palm Beach Gardens, and the Town of Juno Beach. Technology systems include CAD/RMS, Crime Analysis, Mobile computing, and a new digital, P25 compliant radio system.
Boards and Committees
- Served in a number of positions, including President, of the Florida Local Government Information Systems Association (FLGISA).
- Florida Local Government Coalition
- Florida League of Cities Resolutions Committee
- (ISC)2 – International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
- South Florida Information Systems Security Association
Mother Theresa once said, “We can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” My passion is to help others realize their potential and the power of doing the “small things, with great love” so that together we create impactful changes for a compassionate and attentive society.Melinda Miller, MS-CIS, CGCIO, CISSP